First thing's first! The MULTI Patch, originally, was like all the other pimple patches on the market, made with 100% hydrocolloid but with an added smile to bring smiles to your faces ☻ But to really understand what is the MULTI Patch, we gotta go back to the beginning and understand what is hydrocolloid and why does it work so well?
WHAT IS HYDROCOLLOID?
Scientifically speaking, hydrocolloid is a medical grade material that’s often used in hospitals to retain moisture or dress wounds. Hydrocolloid dressings are transparent, breathable, and biodegradable (which is what most brands of pimple patches look like). They form an absorbent gel over the application site. Due to the occlusive nature of hydrocolloid, the material has gained immense popularity for its ability to protect wounds, quickly flatten breakouts, and retain moisture. If you want to learn more on hydrocolloid itself and understand how other pimple patches work, we actually wrote a journal on this last year -- check it out here. But if you want to learn more about The MULTI Patch and why that works so well, keep scrolling.
WHAT IS THE MULTI PATCH?
We're not going to pretend like we're inventing the wheel with hydrocolloid patches, HOWEVER, we are going to claim that we're inventing the wheel with POSTBIOTIC hydrocolloid patches. We aren't going to convince you that The MULTI Patch is the pimple patch on the market right now, but we will share how The MULTI Patch is superior, in our HUMBLE opinion.
The MULTI Patch is like your average hydrocolloid pimple patch, but with a little extra sprinkle sprinkle. A sprinkle of Lactobacillus Ferment extract, and a sprinkle of peppermint extract. So what is that and why does it matter?
WHY DOES IT WORK SO WELL?
Hydrocolloid itself has the ability to protect wounds, quickly flatten breakouts, and retain moisture.
With Lactobacillus Ferment, it produces microbial peptides that your skin microbiome loves, on the area you're applying the product. Lactobacillus is actually one of the most abundant types of bacteria in our body! Lactobacillus Ferment extract has previously been shown to inhibit the growth of many different bacteria and fungi, including several of those found on your skin microbiome.1-4 So while the MULTI Patch is shielding the wound and retaining moisture with hydrocolloid, the postbiotic is simultaneously inhibiting growth of bacteria!
And just to add a little extra oomph to the product, peppermint extract has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties (Qidwai et al., 2016) providing you with a cool sensational relief.
If you don't believe us, believe them! Our community who's tried! Look at all these cuties who've tested for us. We are so excited that you can finally get your hand on our MULTI Patch 2.0!!! Shop them here ☻
- Bowe, Whitney P., et al. "Inhibition of propionibacterium acnes by bacteriocin-like inhibitory substances (BLIS) produced by Streptococcus salivarius." Journal of drugs in dermatology: JDD 5.9 (2006): 868.
- Goodarzi, Azadeh, et al. "The potential of probiotics for treating acne vulgaris: A review of literature on acne and microbiota." Dermatologic therapy 33.3 (2020): e13279.
- Kwon, Hyuck Hoon, et al. "Comparison of clinical and histological effects between lactobacillus-fermented Chamaecyparis obtusa and tea tree oil for the treatment of acne: an eight-week double-blind randomized controlled split-face study." Dermatology 229.2 (2014): 102-109.
- Korzh, Valeri. "SUMIMIARY CLINICAL, STUDY REPORT."(2022).
- Qidwai, Afifa, et al. "Antibacterial activity of Mentha piperita and Citrus limetta against Propionibacterium aces (anaerobic bacteria)." International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research 7.7 (2016): 2917.